OPENING HOURS: Monday – Friday: 9:30AM to 3:00PM
* The library is closed on Sundays and all public holidays.
- All users are required to submit their College IDs to the Library Assistant upon entrance to the library.
- All users must observe total silence in the library and its environs at all times.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library.
- All bags, cases, folders, etc. must be left in the rack placed in the library.
- Users are not allowed to leave their baggage overnight in the library. The library shall not take any responsibility for loss of personal property or books already signed out to a user.
- All users are required to show all items to the Library Assistant before leaving the library.
- No student is allowed to enter the circulation area without the consent of the library staff.
- Anyone caught marking, defacing or mutilating books or any other library material will be expected to pay for the material with the most current edition of the same.
- Use of sound equipments like radios, cell phones, etc. is strictly prohibited in the library and its environs.
- Users are not allowed to reshelf the books after removing them from the shelf. Leave the books on the table or with the Assistant near the door.
- No library equipment may be moved, modified or tampered without permission from the Library Committee.
- A user must be a registered student in the current term to be able to use the library services.
- Library materials may not be removed from the library unless the library staff has properly issued them out.
- Students are allowed to borrow a maximum of two (2) books for a period of six (6) days.
- All borrowed materials must be returned on or before the due date.
- Students are not allowed to borrow books on behalf of others or transfer borrowed materials to other students.
- Students with overdue materials and overdue fines will not be allowed to use the library services.
- All reserve materials must be returned at the specified time.
- The following materials can only be used within the library:
- Reference books
- Journals and Magazines
- Question Bank
- Lending out of books from the library will be stopped one (1) week prior to the commencement of the End-Semester Examination.
- Likewise, all borrowed books must be returned to the library one (1) week prior to the commencement of the End-Semester Examination. Failure to do so will result in the non-issuance of the End-Semester Admit Card.
DAMAGE/LOSS OF LIBRARY MATERIALS
- All users will be held responsible for any damage or loss of library materials in their possession and will be required to meet the cost of replacement and processing.
- Users must ensure that the books they borrow are in good condition to avoid being held responsible for any damages noted while returning the books.
- Lost books must be reported to the Librarian immediately and replaced or paid for within 15 days.
- Lost library books that are recovered, must be handed to the Librarian as they remain the property of the College library.
OVERDUE CHARGES/FINE (Faculty inclusive)
- General Collection Books Rs. 5/- per day
- Books not returned at the end of the term Rs. 200/- per book
EXCLUSION FROM THE USE OF THE LIBRARY
- The Library Committee shall have the power to suspend or exclude from use of the library any user who disregards the library rules.
- The library staffs have the right to ask students to leave the library if they are behaving inappropriately or causing disturbance to other users.
- All registered students and faculty have borrowing privileges in the library. Other people may use the library but do not have borrowing privileges.
Loan Periods :
The length of time that books may be borrowed are as follows :
- Students : Two (2) books for six (6) days; renewable once.
- Faculty : Three (3) books for fourteen (14) days; renewable.
NB: These rules are subject to review by the Library Committee from time to time.